Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Umbrella plant advice?

Umbrella plant?


I cut off a big part of my umbrella plant because I want it to get fuller. Can I re-plant the long piece that cut off? If so, what do I do? Do I have to keep it in water to let it grow roots? Thanks in advance

Umbrella plant advice?
It would be very difficult to get a piece of the umbrella plant stem to root. A better way is to unpot the plant, and carefully remove one of the stems that already has roots growing from it, called division.
Reply:I have had great success in rooting limbs from my umbrella plant I have removed. Rather than put the stem in water, I inserted it into regular potting soil %26amp; kept the soil moist. I also did keep it in the house (in the bathroom as it is a tropical plant, although in general my umbrella plants are on the front porch) It did take about 3 months to root, so it does take some patience.





Good luck!

racing shoes

No comments:

Post a Comment